The Circuit Clerk’s Office maintains a record of all criminal, traffic and civil actions in Lake County, Illinois. Record searches may be requested for an individual or a business.
A record search may be requested through the mail or in person. When requesting a record search, the following information should be included:
- Name of person or business
- Years you would like searched
- Types of cases you would like searched (criminal, traffic or civil)
- Date of birth if the request is for an individual
- Self-addressed stamped envelope
- $6.00 per name per year for a background check
- Money order, certified check or cashier’s check payable to “Clerk of the Circuit Court”. We cannot accept a personal check. Cash and credit cards are accepted in person only.
Where to send your request
ATTN: Record Search
Clerk of the Circuit Court
18 North County Street
Waukegan, IL 60085
NOTE: If you need copies of a document from a court file, please refer to Document and Certified Copies on this website.
Please complete the following to request a record search:
Please call 847-377-3211 for assistance with this form or contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our office will respond to your request within 24 business hours and you will be notified when your request has been completed.