Automatic Exemptions From E-Filing:
The State of Illinois will automatically exempt individuals from electonrically filing documents for the following reasons:
- You do not have to electronically file documents if you are filing a sensitive document, such as an order of protection or civil no contact/stalking order.
- You are in jail or prison,
- You are filing a will,
- You are filing into a juvenile case, or
- Your disability (as defined by the ADA) prevents you from e-filing
Additional E-Filing Exemptions:
In addition you may complete an Certification for Exemption from E-Filing form if you do not have an attorney and at least one of the following applies:
- You do not have the Internet or computer access in the home and travel presents a hardship (financial or otherwise),
- You have trouble reading, writing, or speaking in English, or
- You tried to e-file your papers, but you were not able to complete the process because the equipment or help you need was not available.
CERTIFICATION FOR EXEMPTION FROM E-FILING