• Can I pay online or over the phone?

    Yes.  You may make a payment on any Criminal or Traffic cases that have been previously plead to and an outstanding balance is owed.  Please visit our Online Payments page for additional information. 
  • Where can I pay a fine?

    You can pay a fine at any of our locations:

    ​Main Courthouse
    18 North County St
    Waukegan, IL 60085

    Park City Branch Court
    301 Greenleaf St
    Park City, Illinois 60085

    Round Lake Branch Court
    1792 Nicole Lane
    Round Lake Beach, Illinois 60073

    ​Mundelein Branch Court
    ​105 E Route 83
    Mundelein Illinois 60085

    Payment on Juvenile cases can be made at the following facilities:

    ​Main Courthouse
    18 North County St
    Waukegan, IL 60085

    Juvenile Branch Court
    24647 N. Milwaukee Ave
    Vernon Hills, IL 60061

    Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm

    Payments may also be payed online through our Payment Portal or through the call center at 888-604-7888

  • Can I change my court date?

    No, a court date cannot be changed.  Only a judge can change a court date.  The only exception would be if you are planning to plead not guilty and asking for a trial prior to your first court date on an applicable case.  Please follow the instruction of Avoid Multiple Court Appearances on the traffic citation you received.
  • Why is my Driver's License suspended?

    To find out exactly why you driver's license may be suspended, you should contact the Illinois Secretary of State.  Their number is 217.785.8619.
  • How do I contact the Illinois Secretary of State?

    The primary number to the Illinois Secretary of State is 217.785.8619.  You may also visit their website at www.cyberdriveillinois.gov.

    Should you need to speak to someone in Administrative Hearings, the number is 217.782.7065.
  • Where do I sign up for traffic school?

    If you are completing the Court Diversion Form, asking for Supervision and requesting Traffic School without appearing before the Court, upon receipt of your paperwork and payment in full, our office will notify the College of Lake County - Traffic Safety Division. You should hear from them regarding the scheduling of your class, whether in person or on-line.

    If you were ordered to complete a Traffic School Course or other Course offered through the College of Lake County - Traffic Safety Division, you should have received a referral form when in Court.  Complete that form and mail any payment for the class directly to the College of Lake County to the address provided on the form.

    Should you have any questions regarding the scheduling of your class, or have not received anything from the College of Lake County, please call them at 847.543.2185.

    Information on traffic school courses at the College of Lake County is also available on their website.


  • What will happen if I do not complete my traffic school?

    If you do not complete your traffic school and you were placed on supervision, your sentence may be revoked and your citation will become a conviction on your driving record.  
  • How do I find out if I taken a traffic school course within the last 12 months?

    Please contact CLC Judicial Services at (847) 543-2185 to determine if you have taken a traffic course in Lake County in the past 12 months.
  • How do I find out when my court date is?

    You may look up your court case information through our Public Access system or by contacting the Branch Location your case is assigned to.